Frequently Asked Questions

Application and selection process

How do I apply for a position with an international organization (IO)?

Individuals should apply directly to the international organization of interest. Please visit the employment/career webpages of international organizations or use our job search tool to view a listing of available job openings. Once you identify a position, or positions, for which you are interested and qualified, please proceed with completing the required application materials. For most organizations you will need to create an online account and complete an extensive application profile. Please be sure to complete this profile thoroughly as, for many organizations, you may not be able to submit a resume or CV in lieu of a profile. It is also recommended that you include a cover letter or statement of interest. This may be incorporated into the profile itself or you may be asked to upload a separate document. While your completed profile may be used to apply for multiple positions with an organization, you are encouraged to tailor your application to the individual vacancy for which you are applying.

If you are a current or former federal government employee, please check with your agency’s ethics office regarding (1) ethics restrictions that apply during your job search before you leave Government service as well as (2) post-government ethics restrictions that apply after you leave Government service (including in connection with potential employment at an international organization). 

What qualifications should an applicant possess?

The individual vacancy announcement should list out all required and desired qualifications. Typically, competitive applicants should possess an advanced degree in a relevant field; a significant number of years of specialized work experience; in addition to English, usually a strong working knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish); international experience, or experience in a multi-cultural setting.

Can you provide information about the application and selection process?

Many international organizations, including the UN, provide extensive information about the application and selection process including advice about completing your application profile, interview tips, information about the various stages in the selection process, and more. Please visit the employment/career webpages of the international organizations of interest for more specific details about their procedures. Additionally, please review the application and selection process.

Federal employee details and transfers to international organizations

What are the procedures to follow for U.S. Department of State Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) interested in an international organization assignment?

Apply directly to the international organization that you are interested in. Once you have a written offer that you have been selected for that position, contact Mary Ann Thomas in HR/CDA/SL/CDT to finalize your reassignment. FSOs must curtail their onward or current assignment and obtain approval for reemployment rights back to the Department. Ultimately, the Bureau that you would have been assigned to will be the action Bureau facilitating the necessary paperwork.

What is the difference between a Detail and a Transfer?

A federal employee on transfer to an international organization becomes an employee of, and is paid by, that organization. An employee on detail is "assigned" or "loaned" to an international organization and continues to be accounted for and paid by the home agency. Please visit federal employees and agencies for more detailed information.

How long can I be detailed or transferred to an international organization?

A federal agency can transfer or detail an employee to an international organization for up to five years without approval of the U.S. Department of State. In order to obtain an extension of up to three years, the IO needs to write a letter to your home agency requesting the extension citing justification. Your home agency will then request approval for an extension from the U.S. Department of State. Please contact us for more information on extensions.

What are the changes to the regulations published October 31, 2008 pertaining to transfers and details of individuals to international organizations?

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) changed the regulations to eliminate the "equalization allowance" paid to employees who transfer to an international organization upon return to the employing agency. In the past the equalization allowance guaranteed that the amount of payments for an employee who transferred to an IO were no less than the amount the employee would have received had the employee not been detailed to the IO. For example: if the cumulative pay, allowances, or other monetary benefits paid by the IO to the transferred employee were less than what the agency would have paid to an employee, the employing agency was required by law to make up the difference of those payments. Congress eliminated payment of this allowance in Section 2504 of Public Law 105-277.

The updated regulation also clarified the Department of State as being the agency responsible for designating an organization as an IO for the purposes of 5 CFR 352 subpart C. Agencies with questions regarding the designation of such organizations should contact us.

Why did OPM make these changes to the regulations?

OPM made these changes to be consistent with Section 2504 of Public Law 105-277 in which Congress repealed the equalization allowance upon an employee’s return to Federal service after transferring from an international organization. Agencies with questions regarding the designation of organizations should contact the Department of State’s Bureau of International Organizations.

Are individuals serving on temporary appointments eligible for transfers to international organizations?

No, per 5 CFR 353.307, employees serving on temporary appointments are not eligible for transfer to an international organization.

Are individuals serving on term appointments eligible for transfers or details to international organizations?

Yes, agencies may transfer or detail an employee serving on a term appointment to an international organization in accordance with the provisions of 5 CFR 352 subpart C. Upon return, employees serving on term appointments that are transferred or detailed to an IO serve out the unexpired portion of their term appointment. If the appointment expires while the individual is on transfer or detail, the individual has no reemployment right back to the agency they left prior to assignment.

How do agencies determine the pay of an employee transferred or detailed to an international organization if the agency is under a pay for performance system where pay is linked directly to performance?

Federal agencies are required by regulation to set pay for returning employees according to the system the agency has in place. In the case of a transfer employee’s reemployment from an international organization, payment of salary begins upon reemployment and only the basic pay is set according to 5 U.S.C. §3582 and §3583. Employees who are reemployed after transfer from an international organization should have their salaries set under the same agency policy and procedures in place according to 5 CFR 531 subparts B and D. Detailed employees remain as employees of the agency for all intents and purposes and should be treated as such.

How does an agency make pay actions effective "as if the employee was not absent" as stated in 5 CFR, section 352.314?

Upon reemployment from an international organization, the effective dates for pay actions are retroactive, but not the pay. For example: an employee is transferred to an international organization on March 2, 2008 and would have received within-grade increase in May 2008. When the agency reemploys the employee after that date, the agency would effect the within grade increase in May 2008 and the employee would be reemployed at the higher step upon return. Employees are not entitled to back pay for these backdated pay actions because they are not employees of their home agency during a transfer to an international organization.

How does an agency evaluate an employee detailed or transferred to an international organization if the organization has an evaluation system that is not performance based?

Agencies must evaluate employee performance in accordance with policies and procedures established pursuant to applicable laws and regulations. For agencies subject to Title 5, they must comply with the requirements found in 5 CFR Part 430. These provisions require agencies to establish procedures in their performance appraisal programs for evaluating performance when an employee is on a transfer or detail to another position. This includes assignments to international organizations, which may not have performance-based evaluation systems. In these situations, agencies must determine whether they will be able to obtain performance input from the gaining organization so the supervisor of record can do the performance appraisal. If not, the employee would be unrateable for the applicable appraisal period.

How does an agency determine the effective dates for career ladder promotions for employees transferred or detailed to international organizations?

Employing agencies are required by regulation to set pay for returning employees according to the system the agency has in place. Effective dates for personnel actions are retroactive (such as within-grade step increases). However, career ladder promotion decisions are left to the discretion of the agency; a returning transferred employee in a career ladder position may be promoted immediately upon return if approved by the agency. If the employee’s performance has not been evaluated prior to transfer to an international organization, the agency head has the discretion to determine the effective date of promotion. Agencies should follow their established merit promotion plan or union agreement, as applicable, when promoting all employees.

While an employee is detailed or transferred to an international organization and his or her position is upgraded, how does the agency effect this change?

The agency must place the employee in the upgraded position effective the date the position is upgraded (i.e., the agency would process this action in the same manner as if the employee were present). This action does not require the employee to return to the agency before being promoted. Agencies with pay-for-performance systems must comply with applicable guidance pertaining to their pay/compensation system.

While an employee is detailed or transferred to an international organization and his or her position is downgraded, how does the agency effect this change?

The employee is downgraded in the position without a loss of entitlements effective upon return to the downgraded position or one similar to the position the employee left.

What does the phrase "all appropriate civil service employment purposes" mean as used in 5 CFR 352.311 (d)?

The phrase "all appropriate civil service employment purposes" applies to such factors or considerations as: time in grade, tenure, service computation dates, etc.

How do these rules apply to Foreign Service employees?

Foreign Service officers (FSO), including Presidential appointees to these positions (see 5 CFR 352.307), are eligible for detail or transfer to an international organization. However, because these positions are covered by Title 22, United States Code, OPM strongly encourages agencies to review all applicable Title 22 U.S.C. provisions to ensure assignments of FSOs are made in accordance with these provisions.

How are employees detailed or transferred to an international organization handled in the event of a reduction in force (RIF)?

Detailed employees remain employees of the employing organization and compete in a RIF as if they were not on detail.

An employee who transfers to an international organization under this authority no longer holds an official position of record in the agency and is not a competing employee in the event of a RIF. A transferred employee is entitled to be reemployed in his/her former position or in a position similar to the one the employee left, with the same status and pay. If the agency is unable to reemploy the transferred employee because no position is available, the agency must reemploy the employee for the purpose of providing reemployment rights. In the event of a concurrent RIF notice, before separation, the agency must provide the employee with information on how to appeal the agency’s decision to the Merit Systems Protection Board.

Are international organizations required to reimburse Federal agencies for employees on details?

Details may be made with or without reimbursement to the employing agency. The agreement may require the international organization to reimburse all or part of pay, travel expenses, or other allowances. Agencies may credit reimbursements to the appropriations fund or account from which the payments were made.

Are agencies required to reimburse employees detailed or transferred to an international organization for any expenses the employee incurs as a result of the assignment?

Agencies are not required to reimburse employee expenses resulting from a detail or transfer to an IO. However, IOs may pay or reimburse detailed employees without regard to 18 U.S.C., Sec. 209, (Salary of government officials and employees payable only by United States), for expenses incurred while performing duties required by the detail. If the reimbursement from the IO is less than what the employee would receive, under agency internal policies, the agency may reimburse the employee for the difference. Employees may not accept reimbursement from both organizations for the same expense.

Can Federal agencies charge leave for employees to interview at the international organization?

Agencies may excuse employees without charge to annual leave to interview for a proposed detail or transfer. Official travel within the US may also be approved for this purpose.

Other questions

Why is the U.S. Department of State interested in promoting employment in international organizations?

The U.S. Department of State encourages qualified American citizens to apply for professional and senior positions with the United Nations and other international organizations. As the largest financial contributor to most of these organizations, the U.S. Government has a major interest in the composition of their staffs. The ability of UN agencies and other international organizations to carry out their programs effectively depends on the quality of their employees.

Where are most of these international organizations located?

The majority of international organizations are headquartered in the following cities: New York, Geneva, Nairobi, Paris, Rome, and Vienna. However, you may also find organizations headquartered in Washington DC, Montreal, Brussels, and other locations, along with field offices in locations throughout the world.

What fields are positions available in?

Positions in the UN and other international organizations are available in a variety of professional fields, such as administration/business, agriculture, economics, engineering, environment, finance, humanitarian affairs, law, procurement, public health, and many more.

How exactly does International Organization Careers assist U.S. citizens seeking IO positions?

The U.S. Department of State provides information and assistance to U.S. citizens who are interested in professional positions in the UN and other international organizations. In some cases, the U.S. government may advocate on the behalf of an American candidate who has become a finalist or "short listed" for a position. The candidate must apply for U.S. advocacy through this website and provide details about their job history, experience, and the position before a determination about advocacy can be made.

International Organization Contact Information

African Development Bank
Rue Joseph Anoma, 01 BP 1387, Abidjan 01, Cote d’Ivoire
tel: 225 20 20 44 44
fax: 225 20 20 49 59

Asian Development Bank
6 ADB Avenue; Mandaluyong City 1550; Metro Manila, Philippines
tel: 632 632 4444
fax: 632 636 2444

Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
35 Heng Mui Keng Terrace, Singapore 119616
tel: 65 6775 6012
fax: 65 6775 6013

Colombo Plan Council for Technical Cooperation (CPCTC)
13th Floor of the Bank of Ceylon Merchant Tower, 28 St. Michael’s Road, Colombo 03
tel: 94 11 2564 448
fax: 94 11 2564 531

Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC)
393 St. Jacques Street West, Suite 200; Montreal, Canada
tel: 514-350-4300
fax: 514-350-4300

Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization Preparatory Commission (CTBTO)
Vienna International Center; PO Box 1200; A-1400 Vienna, Austria
tel: 43 1 26030-6200
fax: 43 1 26030-5823

Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
UN Bldg; Rajdamnern Nok Ave; Bangkok 10200, Thailand
tel: 662-288 1234
fax: 662-288 1000

Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA)
PO Box 11-8575, Riad el-Solh Square, Beirut, Lebanon
tel: 961-1-981301
fax: 961-1-981510

Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
PO Box 3001, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
tel: 251 11 551 7200
fax: 251 11 551 0365

Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
Palais des Nations; CH-1211 Geneva 10; Switzerland
tel: 41 22 917 12 34/44 44
fax: 41 22 917 05 05

Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
Casilla, 179-D; Santiago de Chile, Chile
tel: 56 2 471 2000
fax: 56 2 208 0252

Energy Charter Conference (ECC)
Boulevard de la Woluwe, 56; B-1200 Brussels, Belgium
tel: 32 2 775 98 00
fax: 32 2 775 98 01

Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla; 00100 Rome, Italy
tel: 39 06 57051
fax: 39 06 5705 3152

FAO Liaison Office for North America
2175 K St. NW, Suite 500; Washington, DC 20037
tel: 202-653-2400
fax: 202-653-5760

The Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCOPIL)
6 Scheveningseweg, 2517 KT The Hague, Netherlands
tel: 31 70 363 3303
fax: 31 70 360 4867

Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
1300 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20577
tel: 202-623-1000
fax: 202-623-3096

Inter-American Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture (IICA)
PO Box 55-2200 San Isidro de Coronado, San Jose, Costa Rica
tel: 506-216-0222
fax: 506-216-0233

Washington Office of IICA
1889 F Street NW, Suite 360, Washington DC 20006
tel: (202) 458-3767
fax: (202) 458-6335

International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
tel: 33 4 72 73 84 85
fax: 33 4 72 73 85 75

International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
Wagramerstrasse 5, PO Box 100, A-1400 Vienna, Austria
tel: 431-2600-0
fax: 431-2600-7
Argonne National Laboratory – IAEA non-safeguards positions
Brookhaven National Laboratory - IAEA safeguards positions

International Safeguards Project Office (ISPO)
Brookhaven National Laboratory, 29 Cornell Ave., Bldg. 197C, Upton, NY 11973
tel: (631) 344-3402
fax: (631) 344-5344

International Bureau of Weights and Measures (IBWM)
Pavillon de Breteuil, F-92312 Sevres Cedex, France
tel: 33 1 45 07 70 70
fax: 33 1 45 34 20 21

International Center for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
Via di San Michele 13, I-00153 Rome, Italy
tel: 39 06 585 531
fax: 39 06 585 53349

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
999 University Street, Montreal, Quebec H3C 5H7, Canada
tel: 514-954-8219
fax: 514-954-6077

International Coffee Organization (ICO)
22 Berners Street, London, W1T 3DD, United Kingdom
tel: 44 20 7612-0600
fax: 44 20 7612 0630

International Copper Study Group (ICSG)
Rua Almirante Barroso, 38-6th Floor, 1000-013 Lisbon, Portugal
tel: 351 21 351-3870
fax: 351 21 352 4035

International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC)
1629 K Street NW, Suite 702, Washington, DC 20006
tel: (202) 463-6660
fax: (202) 463-6950

International Energy Agency (IEA)
9, rue de la Fédération, 75739 Paris Cedex 15, France
tel: 33 1 40 57 65 00
fax: 33 1 40 57 65 09

International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Via del Serafico 107, I-00142 Rome, Italy
tel: 39 06 54591
fax: 39 06 504 3463

International Grains Council (IGC)
1 Canada Square, London E14 5AE, England
tel: 44 20 7513-1122
fax: 44 20 7513-0630

International Hydrographic Organization (IHO)
4 quai Antoine 1er, B.P. 445, MC 98011 Monaco Cedex, Principality of Monaco
tel: 377 9310-8100
fax: 377 9310-8140

International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (UNIDROIT)
28 Via Panisperna, I-00184 Rome, Italy
tel: 39 06 696 211
fax: 39 06 699 41394

International Labor Organization (ILO)
4 route des Morillons, CH-1211 Geneva 22, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 799-6111
fax: 41 22 798-8685

Washington Branch Office of ILO
1828 L Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036
tel: (202) 653-7652
fax: (202) 653-7687

International Lead and Zinc Study Group (ILZSG)
Rua Almirante Barroso 38-5th Floor, 1000-013 Lisbon, Portugal
tel: 351 21 359 24 25/20
fax: 351 21 359 24 29

International Maritime Organization (IMO)
55 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0EV, United Kingdom
tel: 44 20 7735 7611
fax: 44 20 7587 3210

International Monetary Fund (IMF)
700 19th Street NW, Washington, DC 20431
tel: (202) 623-7000
fax: (202) 623-4661

International Organization for Migration (IOM)
17 Route des Morillons, PO Box 71, CH 1211 Geneva 19, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 717-9111
fax: 41 22 798-6150

Washington Office of IOM
1752 N Street NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036
tel: 202-862-1826
fax: 202-862-1879

International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
CI Tower, Khalidiyah (32nd) Street, P.O. Box 236, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

International Rubber Study Group (IRSG)
51 Changi Business Park Central 2, Unit #06 – 04/05, The Signature, Singapore 486066
tel: +65 6588 0463
fax: +65 6588 0468

International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)
Zurichstrasse 50, PO Box 308, CH-8303 Bassersdorf, Switzerland
tel: 41 44 838 6000
fax: 41 44 838 6001

International Telecommunications Satellite Organization (ITSO)
4400 Jennifer Street, NW, Suite #322, Washington, D.C. 20015
tel: (202) 243-5096
fax: (202) 243-5018

International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
Palais des Nations, CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 730 51 11
fax: 41 22 733 7256

International Trade Center (ITC)
Palais des Nations, 54-56 Rue de Montbrillant, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 730-0111
fax: 41 22 733-4439

International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO)
International Organizations Center 5fh Floor, Pacifico-Yokohama 1-1-1, Minato-Mirai,
Nishi-ku, Yokohama, 220-0012 Japan
tel: 81 45 223 1110
fax: 81 45 223 1111

International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV)
34, Chemin des Colombettes, CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 338 91 11/53
fax: 41 22 733 03 36

North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
Blvd Leopold III, 1110 Brussels, Belgium
tel: 32 2 707 4506
fax: 32 2 707 2667

NATO Parliamentary Assembly (NATO PA)
3, Place du Petit Sablon, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
tel: 32 2 513 28 65
fax: 32 2 514 18 47

Organization of American States (OAS)
17th Street and Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006
tel: (202) 458-3000
fax: (202) 458-3967

Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
2, rue Andre-Pascal, F-75775 Paris Cedex 16, France
tel: 33 1 45 24 82 00
fax: 33 1 45 24 8500

Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
Johan de Wittlaan 32, 2517 JR The Hague, Netherlands
tel: 31 70 416-3300
fax: 31 70 306- 3535

Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
Kärntnerring 5-7, A-1010 Vienna, Austria
tel: 43 1 514 36 0
fax: 43 1 514 36 96

Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
525 23rd Street NW, Washington, DC 20037
tel: (202) 974-3000
fax: (202) 974-3663

Pan American Institute of Geography and Health (PAIGH)
Ex-Arzobispado No. 29, Col. Observatorio
11860 Mexico, DF, Mexico
tel: 52-55 5277-5888
fax: 52-55 5271-6172

The Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC)
BP D5, 98848 Noumea Cedex, 95 Promenade Roger Laroque, Anse Vata, New Caledonia
tel: 687 26 20 00
fax: 687 26 38 18

UN Information
New York, NY
tel: (212) 963-7111

UN Secretariat
Office of Human Resource Management, Room 2527, United Nations, New York, NY 10017
tel: (212) 963-5182
fax: (212) 963-1944

UN Center for Human Settlements (UN-HABITAT)
PO Box 30030, GPO, Nairobi 00100, Kenya
tel: 254 20 762 1234
fax: 254 20 762 4266

UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3 UN Plaza, New York, NY 10017
tel: (212) 326-7000
fax: (212) 888-7465

UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Palais des Nations, 8-14 Avenue de la Paix, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 917 5634
fax: 41 22 917-0042

UN Development Program (UNDP)
One United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017
tel: (212) 906-5000
fax: (212) 906-5364

UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
7, place de Fontenoy, F-75352 Paris, France
tel: 33 1 45 68 10 00
fax: 33 1 45 67 16 90

UN Environment Program (UNEP) PO Box 30552, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
tel: 254 20 7621234
fax: 254 20 762-4489/90

UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Palais des Nations, Case Postale 2500, CH-1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: 41 22 739 8111
Fax: 41 22 739-8475

Washington Office of UNHCR
1775 K Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006
tel: (202) 296-5191
fax: (202) 296-5660

UN Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Palais des Nations, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 917-8455
fax: 41 22 917-8047

UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
VIC, PO Box 500, A-1400 Vienna, Austria
tel: 43 1 26060 0
fax: 43 1 26060-5866

UN Office in Geneva (UNOG)
Palais des Nations, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 917 1234fax: 41 22 917 0123

UN Office in Vienna (UNOV)
Division for Management, Room E1165, VIC, PO Box 500, A-1400 Vienna, Austria
tel: 43 1 26060 5335
fax: 43 1 26060 75335

UN Population Fund (UNFPA)
220 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
tel: (212) 297-5000
fax: (212) 297-4917

UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)
Chief, Recruitment Division, PO Box 614, Gaza City
tel: 972 8 677-7333
fax: 972 8 677-7555

UN University
53-70 Jingumae 5-chome, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8925, Japan
tel: 81 3 3499-2811
fax: 81 3 3499-2828

UN Volunteers
Postfach 260 111, D-53113 Bonn, Germany
tel: 49 228 815-2000

Universal Postal Union (UPU)
Case Postale 3000; Bern 15, Switzerland
tel: 41 31 350 31 11
fax: 41 31 350 31 10

World Bank
1818 H Street NW; Washington, DC 20433
tel: (202) 473-1000
fax: (202) 477-6391

World Conservation Union (IUCN)
Rue Mauverney 28; CH-1196 Gland; Vaud, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 999-0000
fax: 41 22 999-0002

World Food Program (WFP)
Via C.G. Viola 68, Parco dei Medici; I-00148 Rome, Italy
tel: 39 06 65131
fax: 39 06 6513 2825/2840

World Health Organization (WHO)
Avenue Appia 20; CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 791 2111
fax: 41 22 791 3111

Washington Liaison Office of WHO
1889 F Street NW, Room 369; Washington, DC 20006
tel: (202) 974-3299
fax: (202) 974-3789

World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
PO Box 18; CH-1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 338 9111
fax: 41 22 733 54 28

World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
7 bis avenue de la Paix; Case Postale 2300; CH 1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 730-8111
fax: 41 22 730-8181

World Organization for Animal Health (OIE)
12 rue de Prony 75017 Paris, France
tel: 33 1 44 15 18 88
fax: 33 1 42 67 09 87

World Trade Organization (WTO)
Centre William Rappard; Rue de Lausanne 154; CH-1211 Geneva 21, Switzerland
tel: 41 22 739 51 11
fax: 41 22 731 42 06